Thursday, August 21, 2008

To Drive or Not to Drive

Okay, so, a little over ten years ago I was in an accident where I fell asleep at the wheel and had a semi crawling over my little Mitsubishi Mirage. I was very lucky that day. My husband had been sleeping with his head resting on the passenger window. After the accident if you would have seen the window and the line going across it you would have known that Angels must have been with us on that day.

So, I drove for a little while after that out of necessity, but I was very uncomfortable. I have now not driven for about 10 years. I have tried a few times, but I get so nervous I decide it is a no go situation. I even get nervous when my husband drives past a semi.

Well, today my sweet hubby who has been trying to find employment all but unsuccessfully has told me that he may take a job where he will be away from home for 30 days at a time. The money is excellent. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't argue with him. He is manning up and doing what he needs to do to help us financially. But why now, when I don't even live close to loved ones that can take up being my chauffeur?

The neighbors have assured Kerry they will make sure I can get back and forth to work and the grocery store, but I can't stand the idea of depending on people outside of my family.

So, is it now time for me to finally try to get this license back? I feel it is, but when I think about it my stomach churns. I even want to, but that does not stop the churning. I miss the freedom...I can't tell you how much I miss the freedom.

Well, I may go next week and check into this. I'll post an update if I do. I at least might get a learners for now to get comfortable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment