Sunday, March 29, 2009
1. Are you single? Nope
2. Are your parents still married? Yes
3. Are you in love? I believe so...
4. Do you believe in love at first sight? Not exactly, but I was pretty close to it...
5. Who ended your last relationship? OMG, that was like over 18 years ago...I have no clue.
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up? Yes, when my husband and I almost did not get married and then the two times we almost ended the marriage.
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart? I don't think so...
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer? I don't believe so...
9. Prefer love or lust? Love, I think it lasts longer and has more depth, meaning...
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends? A best friend...I need someone I can trust and confide in...
11. Wild night out or romantic night in? I am a homebody, so romantic night in...
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out? Never snuck out, but got caught doing something else I should not have with my now husband.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt? Yeah, my husband when we were separated right after our 7 year anniversary.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)? I basically have two, but now a days it feels like one. One is in NC and she just has to much going on in her life to have time for me on a regular basis like we used to. Most of our time I listened to her, but it was still nice to talk frequently. My other is on here BFFL
15. Ever wanted to disappear? No, I would miss to many people.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes? They eyes...
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction? Intelligence...attraction means nothing without a brain...
18. Last phone call you received? Hubby, he was at work and needed help with something...
19. Last thing you drank? Water...it is my norm...
20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship? This one started Nov 1990, before that I saw someone on and off earlier that year.
21. Do you and your family get along? Yes, thank goodness.
22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life"? Never, life it what I make it...
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell. No, I am a pretty straight arrow...
24. Do you trust all your friends? Yes, I do again...there was a time when one lost my trust, be we have rebuilt that over the last year and a half and the other day I actually cried when I realized how far we have come and how much I value our relationship. I hope we never have what happened before happen again.
25. Who knows the most about you? That's a tough one. It should be my husband and he knows me like know one else, he knows my soul, but then my BFFL also know "things" about me that I eventually tell my husband, but sometimes it takes me a bit to work up to telling him...
Saturday, March 28, 2009
1. List the social networking sites you have either tried or still use.MySpace
MSN Spaces(before it was Windows Live)
2. Of the social networking sites you’ve actually tried, which one is your favorite?
It would have to be Facebook and MySpace. Though I do like Plaxo for some things also.
3. What’s the biggest drawback to such sites, in your opinion?
I guess the chance of sharing with the wrong person and having it somehow used against you. I have learned to be careful about what I share. I try hard never to give the information that is covered by the privacy act because that is the info that will allow someone to steal your identity.
4. Other than it being the “hip thing to do,” what’s the main reason you’d at least consider joining such a site?
Because it is fun to meet new people, learn about them, and share what is going on in my life. It has also been a great way to stay in touch with family all over the nation.
5. Take the quiz: Are You Facebook, MySpace or Twitter?
You Are Facebook
You are social, outgoing, and excited to connect to your friends.
You are interested in your friends' lives, and you enjoy adding your opinion to the mix.
While you enjoy sharing online, you don't want everyone to know your business.
You value your privacy. Your life is an open book to those you know but not to strangers.
6. Do you have more people you’d call friends in real life, or on your profile called friends by the system at your most-used social networking site?
I would say more friends online than in real life. And in real life they are just as scattered as the ones online. But I have the opportunity to meet and make more friends online than I do in real life.
Friday, March 27, 2009
- To whom do you normally turn when you need to complain about something? Well, that would have to be my BFFL. I just can't imagine not having her in my life and being able to share my good and bad times with.
- Which annual season-turning do you enjoy the most? The change from summer to fall. Though I love the summer going into fall gives me a sense of throwing off the old and creating anew...
- Where can you get a really good turnover? The best turnover I ever had was this little shop downstairs of the Doubletree Hotel I think it was in Miami. It was cream cheese and Guava...mmmm....I could go for one now.
- What’s employee turnover like where you work? That really depends on what department you work in I do believe. We are losing 18 this week. Most to retirement, but we are bringing on 7 next week, mostly medical staff.
- One of the Wonder Twins could turn into any form of water, while the other could turn into any animal. Which of these powers would be more useful to you? I think an animal since you can get around and experience things.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Home and waiting on the security company to come and install our security system...so, let's blog..LOL
1. What is your favorite type of soda (if you drink soda)? When I want soda it is usually Ginger Ale
2. Do you believe in astrology? If so, what does your sign say about you? Believe, hmm, I guess a little. Well, maybe a lot. Well, our signs say so much, so here is just a bit...A Virgo's creed is "I analyze" and guess what...I am a Management Analyst. Virgos are generally detailed, precise, fanatically tidy, skilled communicators, devoted, hardworking, observant shrewd, loving and nurturing. On the other hand they can also be cold, critical, reserved, self-serving, jealous, fearful, distrustful, so meticulous they lose sight of larger issues, critical of anything outside of their own beliefs and phobic about hygiene and sanitation. I could go on, but this gives you something to chew on...I'll let my BFFL tell you if this is me or not.
3. Who is John Galt? Wikipedia tells me this is a character in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, a book I have planned to read, but scares me to death since it is such a deep book. I did however enjoy her Fountainhead.
4. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night? Usually read or play a DS game.
5. Who's your Daddy? Too funny...
6. Jelly beans or Jelly Bellies? Jelly Beans...
7. What do you think about yellow car? Why car manufacturer actually made yellow cars? I have always wanted a yellow Cabriolet. Why shouldn't car manufacturers make yellow cars?
8. Holding on or Letting go? Hmm, letting go...
9. What kind of underwear, if any, do you wear? Lately these great cotten spandexi high thigh briefs from Catherines.
10. Who is your daddy and what does he do? My father is James Alexander White Jr. and he is retired Army.
11. Spring - is it here yet?? In some places...and officially, yes, by the calendar.
12. Does Google Streetview scare you? No, should it?
13. What is your favorite brand of ice cream? Blue Bell Creameries
14. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Butter Pecan
15. Do you ever get tired of your everyday routine? Often
16. What inspires you? Life it's self inspires me everyday to try to make the most of it.
17. It’s springtime-do you spend more time outdoors? Of course!!
18. When do you think Bud will let us see the DVD of him and the french twins? Eh??
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you, and why? No good answer here...I want to be near family and they are everywhere...so I guess I'll stay here...
20. Why do you blog? It helps me to learn who I am and it is interesting to read about others.
21. What are electrolytes and why are they good for us? Okay, this question is just way to deep for today's blogging...
22. Do you twitter? Why or why not? No, it is another thing...to take up my time...
23. What did you dream last night? I have no clue...
24. What is the strangest thing you've eaten? Aligator
25. What was the last picture that you took? Of the windmills in west Texas.
26. what is your favorite part of spring? The colors
27. what is one thing that you did this past week that no one knows about? Hmm...nothing that I can think of...
28. What kind of bandages do you typically have in your household? With my husband we have tons of different band aids and then we have gauze and tape for the big boo boos
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
It's the "stranded on a desert island" question! You can only take one thing from each category. What is it and why are you taking it
1. A food that can be planted and regrown.
Cherries, they are my favorite fruit and you can regrow them with the seed.
2. A person you haven't seen in a long time.
My BFFL, she keeps me entertained and gets me.
3. A book you (were) read as a child.
Archie and Mehitabel, this is the most awesome book and is humorous. I think I would need humor being stranded.
4. A celebrity.
Oprah, she is a lady I would love to meet. She is so interesting and does so many great things.
5. The entire episode run of a television show (it's a very nice desert island).
Charmed, it is such a fun and exciting series. I never get tired of the fantasy in the show.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
1. The last flight of stairs you walked up/down - were they carpeted?
No, I don't think so....but I can't remember when it was...
2. Green or purple grapes? Green...I just love those seedless green grapes
3. Do you like Peeps? No, to much sugar for me.
4. The smell of Vicks - like it? Yeah, something about Eucalyptus.
5. Do you put decorative cling-ons on your windows for different holidays?
Yes, but I can't find them right now to put up my Easter ones.
6. Finish the sentence - I spent too much money on ________ .
I can't think of anything...we try to be thrifty even when we are buying major items.
7. Which celebrity should be flown into outer space or placed on a desert island?
Jack Black...I just don't care for him.
8. Would you support schools changing the "open" time? Such as 10am - 5pm, for example?
Yes, I would, but I am not a parent so I don't know how that would work for parents who work.
9. Do you go fishing?
Yes, I love Fishing...been a couple years though...we are doing more this year.
10. What question should we ask next week?
Name something you made from clay as a child that you or your parents might still have.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Look around you and name everything you can see that's green This one is good for me since my brain is fried today...but I think I can still tell what is green and what is not...
1. Green Marker
2. Spy Sweeper box
3. Fuze drink bottle
4. The receipt from Time Warner when they installed the cable et al.
5. Philadelphia Eagles Football
6. My stamp collection book
7. My stuffed Frog
8. My stuffed Philly Fanatic
9. My stuffed kissing frogs
10. And another stuffed frog...yes, I have a bunch of stuffed animals...if this would have been about blue I could have told you about all of my Eeyores...
11. My goddess figurine that holds a candle
12. The perfume bottle on my large orange kitty figurine
13. Oooh, ooh, and the grass on my little Eeyore snowglobe...yeah I got to mention Eeyore...
LOL Okay, I think that is it...oops, nope...one more thing...the table cloth on the table that I have my printer and another shelf sitting on... And I did wear green yesterday...though the day before I was thinking I had nothing to wear... Hugs to you all...
Talk about feeling violated.
I look back and know it could have been avoided. We had stopped pulling the face plate off and had we still done that they would not have taken it because it would not have done them any good. We had not gotten to the garage to figure out what to do with that stuff yet so we were not parking in the garage.
But then I come back to...who the hell do they think they are...what gives them the right...
Kerry had that system put in with money he inherited, so it was more to him than just a car stereo. This was something his mother gave him. He is very drained tonight...it was a rough day with insurance adjusters, rentals, and looking into getting a security alarm in the house.
Thankfully we don't have to cancel our trip to New Mexico to visit my sister-in-law and her family. He wanted to, but I told him one we can't let idiots ruin our fun and dictate our life and two with this move and now this I so need this time away from my everyday life. So the rental place said we could take the vehicle out of state and we have unlimited miles...yeah!!! I am so looking forward to meeting my nieces and nephew. Dori and Dan adopted them four or five years ago and we have not had an opportunity to get out to see them since then. The trip is long over due and it was killing me to think we might have to cancel.
So, I ended up not getting as much done at work as I would have liked...Kerry kept calling about things and then of course idiot customers. But tomorrow is another day and we'll just see how it goes...
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Sunday Stealing: A High School Meme
1. Did you date someone from your school? During freshman and part of sophomore year.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Nope...
3. Did you car pool to school? For part of sophomore year I did.
4. What kind of car did you have? I did not drive until I was 21...
5. What kind of car do you have now? A Ford Escape.
6. Its Friday night...where are you now? At home after dinner out with hubby.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then? Probably at home as my dad did not like me to go out to teen hang outs.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I tried out being a waitress...only lasted two weeks...then I did a telephone job for the Philadelphia Daily News and I was not good at getting subscriptions, and then I worked at a day care in the afternoon. The day care was my favorite job.
9. What kind of job do you do now? I am a management analyst in a Fiscal Office for the Department of Veteran's Affairs.
10. Were you a party animal? Not quite.
11. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so..
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope...
13. Were you a nerd? Some might have considered me as such..
14. Did you get suspended from school? In middle school, but not high school.
15. Can you sing the fight song? Nope...
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher? In high school I had quite a few. In freshman and sophomore at Hephzibah it would have been Ms. Wells my Latin teacher. At Aquinas it was Mr. Kremin in morality class. And at Cardinal Dougherty it was Fr. Devlin in Senior year religion class.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? With a group of friends of course...
18. What was your school's full name? Which one?
19. Where did you party the most? Didn't...
20. What was your school mascot? Again, which one...I had a rebel and a leprechaun, I don't remember what Cardinal Dougherty's mascot was.
21. Would you do it again?. Yes...
22. Did you have fun at Prom? For the most part...my date was uncouth.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Nope...we were in different schools and broke up not long after the prom.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Yes, missed the 20 year two years ago...
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Yes, some...
26. What are/were your school's colors? Which ones...we had black and red at one...green and gold at another and garnet and gold at the one I graduated from...
Okay, here is a picture of the classmate I met with this week and had dinner with. We were not close in high school, but we have become good friends over the past two to three years. His name is Rick Kennedy and I don't know if I was not nice to him in school, but I sure never gave him the time of day. Now...I wish I would have...he is a great guy and we have a lot in common and can talk for hours. Poor hubby did not get many words in at dinner that night...
Thursday, March 12, 2009
We are now living in Bedford, TX. It is an older home, 1950s, with hard wood floors, but carpet in the bedrooms. It has a great back yard and porch. The weather was wonderful this weekend through Tuesday, but it feels like winter again.
We have tons of boxes all over the place and this house does not have as much storage as the last so we are struggling with where to put everything. We'll figure it out eventually.
It will probably be a good 4-5 weeks before we have it all straight. Once we do I'll take a little walk through video and post it.
Kerry and I are still recovering from being sick, but it gets better every day.
I am going to work Saturday since Kerry is going to work so I won't get to reading other blogs until sometime on Sunday hopefully. I do miss it and miss the sharing with everyone here.
Well, I have been getting to bed late the last two nights and I am really tired so I will end this here and talk to you all soon.