Thursday, April 30, 2009
1. What color is your front door? I believe it is green...not going to go check though...
2. We discussed our folks in previous TT so now tell me about your siblings. If you are an only child, tell me whether or not you wanted siblings, older, younger etc. My sibling by blood is a brother, whom is awesome, he is a captain of a fire station and he is a Chief in the Navy Reserves, he is an awesome father of three wonderful sons, and he is a fun guy. I miss him all of the time... I then have my sister, whom is not a sister from birth, but she is my soul sister. She knows me through and through and when we have had some bad times in the past where we did not talk it hurt me in the core of my soul...She is a single mom that has raised an awesome young lady for a daughter and she has found a strength for herself that she was missing for so many years that I am so proud of her...
3. What color/type butterfly is your favorite? I like the common bucky eye because it is like eyes on it's wings.
4. Will you be celebrating Cinco De Mayo? I have not clue right now
5. Oprah- love her, hate her, or don't care? I love her...I think she is an inspiration to young people and has done so much good for others with her success.
6. Are you worried about the spread of swine flu? No, I am not. I believe we have a very good health system and I trust people to take the appropriate precautions.
7. Hard or soft pillows? Soft...I want to sink in them.
8. How many trees are in your neighbor's yard? Front or back? Truthfully I have no clue.
9. What was the color of the last car you saw? My car....silver
10. When does your driver's license expire? I don't drive...
11. Look at the clock on your computer and type the numbers backwards. 5301
12. When you put your pants on, what leg do you put in first?Probably my right...
13. How would you respond to this letter if you were an advice columnist. I could never be an advise columnist...
I am an ugly woman. I was an ugly baby and child even! It is a fact. I am 36 now and I have never had a boyfriend, and I am still a virgin.
Due to me not having men in my life, I have poured everything I have in to education and my career. At 36 I am the youngest (and first female CEO) at a big, successful, tech company. I have over 200 personal patents and millions of pounds in investments.
I have everything: huge house, holiday villa in Spain, 3 cars, power boat, a race horse, etc. but as much I try to talk myself into everything being “great” I cannot help but to miss that special someone to share it all with.
Most of my friends are married with kids and I feel like I am gradually drifting away from them also.
Where can I find someone to marry an ugly woman?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Thank you, thank you RoseAnn for this neat award. She actually gave it to me weeks ago, but I have not spent as much time on here as you all know.
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link the person from whom you received your award.
So, here are the wonderful sisters in my life that I am passing this on to:
My spiritual sister, Barb
My Soul Sister, ~c
My Blog Sister, Mel
and last, but not least My Sister-in-Law, Dori
1. Is there a particular smell that turns you on? If so what is it?
No, not really...
2. Have you ever tried or considered trying a Master Cleanse type method to lose weight?
No, I would do it for health reasons, but it is not a way to lose weight.
3. When you browsing a book store for reading material, do you find yourself checking out a book solely based on the cover design?
Sometimes...if a book cover catches my eye I will pick it up to read the dust cover.
4. Which 80's trend were you least happy to see come back this year; big shoulder pads or neon?
I can't stand shoulder pads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. How long do you think could you disappear for until someone would notice your absence and start looking for you?
OMG, probably not more than 24 hours. My BFFL used to notice in that amount of time...but now that she is preoccupied with some other thing...I am not so sure.
6. Have you ever walked out of a movie and asked for your money back? Which movie(s) and why?
No, I don't know that I have ever gone to a bad movie at the theater.
7. Have you ever changed your plans because of something you read in your horoscope?
No, never, but I love to read them...
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Name the seven listed potential side businesses you’d be most likely to seriously consider to raise extra income.
1. Antique refurbishment - this is actually one hubby and I have talked about.
2. Furniture making - this kind of goes with the first one for us so we talked about it also.
3. Handy man services - hubby is a maintenance man so this goes without say that we could do this together...we make a good team.
4. Jewelry making - I have seriously thought about this, but I never seem to make the pieces for myself that I want to wear...how would I ever find time to make pieces to make money.
5. Scrapbook making - this is something I thought about doing years ago...I would do it...but this is another one that I never even seem to get to my own, let alone others.
6. Web site design - my hubby actually has someone that wants me to do this for them right now.
7. Housecleaning - this is my last choice...I used to clean apartments when I was first married for extra income. I would do this again if I had to...but it is not something I care to do.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
1.) What items (if any) do you get embarrassed to purchase?
Honestly...I can't think of any thing. I don't embarrass very easily.
2.) What sexual position do you and your partner/significant other use most?
I don't believe I am even putting this on a blog...for us it would be what so many refer to as "doggy style"...most likely the #1 position for overweight individuals.
3.) Do you untie your shoes every time you take them off or do you slip them on and off?
I do not always untie them.
4.) What is the last thing you broke by accident?
A little glass bell with a snowman on top. I caused his head to come off...hubby still needs to fix.
5.) If you had to lose one of your body parts what would it be and why?
That is so difficult. I guess I would say a leg. With prosthetics today a person missing a leg is really capable of leading a very normal life.
6.) How do you feel about anal sex?
Mmm...shouldn't these sex questions been on TMI Tuesday? Well, if you can get past the initial pain the orgasm is awesome...
7.) If you could have the ability to solve problems quickly and easily or the ability to know without doubt every time a person told a lie, which ability would you want and why?
I think I would rather solve problems quickly and easily. I could help more people that way in addition to being better at my job. As much as I can't stand people to lie to me I am not naive enough to think people will not ever lie and I think some lies are told as more of a protection than a deception. I think I would get hurt way to much if I knew when someone was lieing to me all the time.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
1. Marriage and children aside, what has been your greatest accomplishment in life?
My greatest accomplishment is actually reaching the position I have reached without having any education of significance. I have become a go to person in our agency across the nation in my area of expertise.
2. Aside from healthy and happy children, what is your greatest ambition for the future?
Mmm, that is a hard one...ambition? I really, really want to retire from the federal govt in 10 years and become a teacher. Never having had children I have this huge need to leave a mark some how and being a teacher helping children to see their potential just seems the way to do that for me.
3. If we were to enter your real name in a search engine, what would we find?
Well there is at least one other person that I know of with my name, my married name that is...So, about the real me you would probably find a book review or two that I did on Amazon.com. You might find my MySpace page.
4. Who is the most famous person you ever met (not just in the same room as, but actually spoke with)?
Me? No one...my hubby? He met Tom Hanks when he worked at Walter Reed...kewl huh?
5. Parents aside, who is your biggest hero?
My husband of course. He has cerebal palsy, which has strongly affected his ability to read and write, count money and have any sense of time (this part kills me the most), but yet he has accomplished things that he never thought he would be able to and he is not done. He has so many dreams for himself and we stive all the time to figure out ways to help him accomplish those dreams and ambitions. So, yes, hubby is my hero and that will never change.
6. Someone once worked out the sexual version of Six Degrees of Separation - Celebrity A slept with B, who slept with C, who slept with D, making as sort of connection between A and D. Are you connected to anyone famous through six or fewer bonks?
I don't know...but I pretty much doubt it...
Monday, April 20, 2009
I so miss the water. I am always at peace when I am at the ocean, whether it is calm or it is raging...it brings a peace that allows me to slow my thoughts and be in touch with my inner self in a way I can't seem to accomplish at any other time. So, when the word today was "inspire" this is the first thing I thought about as I rarely inspired as when I am at the ocean and as close to the real me as I can ever get.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
My hubby's co-worker was fired this week. We knew this was coming. A lot of little things were happening and then he spoke to the director in an insubordinate way and that finished it off. It was very ugly when he left calling them all sorts of names, saying women should not be in a position of authority, yada, yada, yada. So, they took Kerry off weekends, Yeah!! and he is working Mon-Fri right now and on call on the weekend until they hire someone else. Then he will go back to rotating weekends with that person.
So, we were supposed to go to the Art Festival in Fort Worth yesterday with some friends, but less than 30 minutes before they were to come pick us up he got called in. When he got back we decided to go get a couple of movies and some sandwiches from Target and stay home. We got The Express, we love sports movies, especially this kind where it is someone or a group fighting to overcome something and the other one was Marley and Me, which is a very funny movie, but breaks your heart at the end. I did a few housekeeping things, but for the most part we had fun.
Today we went to Taco Bueno for breakfast, back to Target so I could get sandwich stuff for work tomorrow...someone's birthday and I am treating. When we got home we loaded up the duve, duve cover, two mattress covers and two comforters to go to the laundry mat as my washer cannot handle these large things. We then came home did a few house keeping things, he mowed the lawn, then we watched Remember the Titans, did a few more housekeeping things, then we watched Appaloosa. Cooked dinner and now I should be getting to bed.
So, we took it pretty easy this weekend....I hope we can do the same next weekend...we do need to get a tune up, but aside from that...relax!!
I will do my darndest to take the time to read blogs each day this week. I do miss keeping up with everyone. I wish I could see them on my phone it would be so much better.
Hugs to all and Blessed Be.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Questions by: Aiden Church and Biz Brunette
1.) What condiment goes best with french fries?
Mayonnaise of course!! There is no other condiment to have with fries...and it has to be Hellman's.
2.) What condiment do you feel best represents your personality?
Sweet and Sour sauce...LOL I have my sweet side, but that sour side just likes to creep up once in awhile...and boy they just make the perfect me...LOL
3.) If the love of your life was a different religion from you, would you convert for them if they asked you to?
It depends...my hubby and I were different faiths, he converted to mine and then years later we both left that for something totally different.
4.) What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter? Mmmm, honey...I just love honey and peanut butter together.
5.) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? No...
6.) If you could change your eye color to anything in the world you wanted, what would you change it to? Green, I just love green eyes...and I have brown hair...and I think the green eyes and brown hair is so pretty together.
7.) Are you more often the partner in crime or the good conscience with your friends and family? Hmm, that depends...I can be either at any given time...it just depends on the situation...
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Sorry I have been missing in action. I am just so tired every night. I basically have a 12 hour day with my commute and it is wearing me out. I just don't even feel like getting on this PC at night. I know others do longer days, but I am just not made for this. My ride got a job closer to home, actually at the place I used to work at here, so I will be taking the train soon and I am hoping to maybe curve at least a half hour off the commute if I can catch the right trains.
Well, I decided to try another TMI...I have not read all of these questions yet, which I usually do before I decide to participate in TMI so this may be interesting.
1. Have you ever had a sexual experience with the opposite sex? Umm, yes.
2. When you see someone you like, how do you act, how do you get their attention? It has been so long since I needed to do that I have no clue.
3. Dominate or dominated, which do you prefer? I think I would prefer to dominate.
4. Would you/ Have you ever had a threesome? I would, but I never have. Don't think hubby would want to, though he used to talk like he might...TMI Dori?
5. When was the last time you had sex? Hmm, don't remember...guess it has been to long.
6. Sex on the first date...good or bad? I don't see it as good or bad, it just is. I mean if the two parties feel an attraction that they also want to experience through sex, well, great. I hope it is awesome and not something they look back and think, damn, that sucked.
7. Do you have any random or out of the ordinary turn ons? I doubt it...I am pretty vanilla.
8. What attributes attract you to a potential partner. I seem to have something for blond haired, blue eyed men. Some muscle tone don't hurt...hubby had that when we first met, it was nice. And of course I need a man to be funny, make me laugh and be honest with me.
Well, those were pretty easy...Not sure about what Sister-in-law will think if she reads them, but oh, well. I don't keep secrets and I think she likes that about me, or at least I hope she does.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
And here I am finishing up Thursday and still thinking that this work week is just to long and who the hell decided that we need to work 5 days a week?
I mean, what is wrong with four 8 hour days and a 3 day weekend. Prices would have to adjust due to people making less money, but we would probably have happier healthier people. I think our body needs three days to recoup from the stress many of us experience at work.
Think about it...right now you get off on Saturday and are so tired sometimes you just want to veg and then you don't get anything done at the house and then on Sunday you HAVE to take care of the house and get things ready for work the next day, such as personal grooming and all...and then wham, back at work on Monday. Would not it be nice to have Friday to Veg, Saturday to do stuff, and Sunday to slows get ready for the work week again? So, should we start a letter campaign to the surgeon general about this? Sure, like corporate America would change it's work week...but it is a nice dream...and of course we know things that make sense never are our reality.
Well, I plan to veg on Saturday...might try to sleep in...and I'll stare at some boxes...thinking I should be unpacking them...long enough for hubby to get home from work...then hopefully the weather will be nice...and we can sit out on the back porch...which has been my saving grace each evening this week...accept for today...it got colder and very windy...and maybe grill something...and then I'll work a little on Sunday around here...and get ready for my work week...Saturday is supposed to be 82...don't that sound great?
Hugs to all...Blessed Be