Saturday, July 11, 2009

That’s My Answer!

If you were given 20 acres of land and the money to develop it however you chose, what would you do with it?

I have always dreamed of having land to build a residence that fits all of our needs and the outside to for being able to enjoy being outside through the summer. The most important thing is to be able to make that residence and use the land to be self sufficient. Such as our own gardens, our own power, a renewable heating source, etc.

We have learned in the last six years how important it is to have your property fitted to withstand extreme weather and to have back up power and our own sources of food and water.

I am not an isolationist, but I do believe that I can do things to better take care of ourselves and the environment.


3 comments:

  1. I would like to have it for just the reasons you stated. I'd love to have a hobby farm with lots of gardens and some animals and have solar energy such as windmills as it's very windy here and solar energy and live as much off the land as possible. It's been our dream for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gimme a pier, a beach and the sun. Can that be 20 acres worth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? Hope you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete