Weight Watchers Enchiladas Verde
Prep 15 min Bake 45 min Serves 6
1 tsp canola oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 Tbsp sliced almonds
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 (10-oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
¼ lb low-fat soft tofu, cut-up
1/3 c light sour cream
8 fresh tomatillos, husked, fruit rinsed and quartered
4 scallions, sliced
2/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
1 canned jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint (optional)
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
¾ c shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. To make filling heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add onion, almond, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onions and almonds are golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate and let cool.
3. Puree tofu and sour cream in food processor. Transfer to large bowl; stir in onion mixure and spinach.
4. To make sauce, clean food processor bowl. Put tomatillos, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, mint(if using), cumin and coriander in food processor and puree. Pour into shallow bowl.
5. Set cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat 3 minutes. Add 1 tortilla and toast until pliable, about 15 seconds per side. Dip tortilla into sauce to coat very lightly on both sides. Transfer tortilla to work surface. Place 1 spoonful filling slightly to one side of center and roll up. Transfer roll seam side down to baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, filing, and enough sauce to make 12 enchiladas. Spoon remaining sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle tops with Cheddar.
6. Cover baking dish with foil and bake until enchiladas are not and Cheddar melts, 25-30 minutes. Uncover and let cool. Wrap well in plastic wrap and freeze up to 2 months. To serve, let thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cover with wax paper and microwave on Medium-High until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving (2 Enchiladas) 216 Cal, 7g Fat, 2g Sat Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 8 mg Chol, 273 mg Sod, 30 g carb, 6g Fib, 11g Prot, 236 Cal
WW Points: 4