Saturday, February 13, 2010

Buddhist Temples in DFW Area

On February 6, 2010 Kerry and I went to visit three Buddhist temples in the area. We started the day out at the Unity Church in Grapevine, where we had an hour of meditation. We then split up into groups so that we did not use to many cars and put more carbon in the air than was necessary. I liked this as I got to know some new people and they shared their knowledge of Buddhism with me. The whole day was very educational and amazing to see such beautiful places right here in the DFW area.

Kerry and I are very open to different beliefs and how they work with our spiritual relationship with a higher power. We talked about our little pilgrimage at the end of the day and we both agreed that our favorite part was at the temple in Irving when the monk sat and talked to our group for about 30-45 minutes. He was a lot of fun, but shared great knowledge for someone of only 36 years of age. You can see him in the orange robes second from the bottom in these pictures.

I loaded the pictures opposite of the order we visited them, but you can see see that all three are very different as they are all from different traditions of Buddhism.

Something like this brings you back to the "Many Paths, One Power" way of thinking. I do not follow any of the Buddhist Traditions, but there are aspects of their belief that I can get my head around such as creating good and bad karma. The monk talked a little about this.














No comments:

Post a Comment