Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eating a Frozen Entree

Okay, so today is the first day post op that I have eaten a frozen entree.  I needed something for lunch and as much as I love refried beans just did not feel like having them today.

So...

I had one frozen entree in the refrigerator that has been there since pre-op.  So, it was like two weeks from it's use by date.  Good thing I looked, huh?

It is an Eating Right, Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce (white meat chicken and spaghetti with the basil cream sauce.  An 8.5 oz serving with 280 calories, 7 g fat, and 19 g protein.  Not the best all around for me, but I could do worse.  I should have had more protein with the amount of calories and of course there was 550 sodium which is why I usually avoid these things anymore.

I was not sure if I could eat the whole thing so I brought a microwavable dish just in case, but it has taken me 30 minutes eatting slow the way I am supposed to and I did eat the whole thing.  I am full so my berries will have to wait for a couple of hours.  But I feel a little more full than I like so I probably won't do this again.  I usually eat about 4-6 oz of food in about 15 minutes.  I am guessing that eatting slower allowed me to eat more food.  Which is probably what I am supposed to do, but I have trouble with the slow part.

So, I do believe frozen entrees are out for me.  Just does not seem worth the calories, etc.

The learning never stops with this new way of living, eating, etc.

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. It is good that you are still learning... And frozen entrees are terrible!! I love some of them and even I am like, ugh. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like the convenience of the entrees....maybe you could make up some meals yourself that meet your requirements and are the right number of ounces. Just an idea. You could probably take them to work too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like her idea of making your own with the portions and sodium that's scripted for you.
    They make some handy dandy dishes for freezing entrees like that. Cute ones even.

    Three days in a row posting.....you're on a roll! ;-)

    And yup--still learning is a good thing. Welcome to a new way of living--it's lookin' good on ya.

    ReplyDelete