Thursday, July 10, 2008

Decision 2008


I am 38 years old, will be 39 by the election this year. This is the first time in the 21 years that I have been able to vote that I am actually interested in the election. In the past I either did not vote because there was not a candidate I wanted to see in office or I voted outside of the two main parties, hence making my vote not really count because I did not like either of the candidates running for the two main parties.
But this past year has been awesome. At first when it was so close I was so afraid Barack Obama would not make it and I was trying so hard to stay positive, but it got difficult at times. We are all human and make mistakes or know people that we would rather not have associated with us at times, but to be running for office and have these things brought front and center is tough. But he pulled through. Now, he faces a man that I just feel is to old in this day in age to hold the office of President of the United States. McCain is so out of touch with reality. And I am afraid he could die in office and then we will be set with a Vice President that we did not vote into office to be our president. How scary is that?
So, I find myself reading "The Audacity of Hope" and this book is awesome. It has made me want to read the Constitution of these United States. And even had me thinking if I could possibly ever run for an office. The press would probably have a hay day with my pass irresponsibility's, but it does not make me think about it none the less. My only obstacle is that I work for the government and would have to quite my job to actually run for an office, then if I was not elected I would be unemployed. So, not sure how to work all of that out yet. But I am going to at least try to find a way that legally I can be more involved in our legal system and serve our county other than being a government employee.
It is an exciting time in our country. If you don't know what is going on, start reading. Be knowledgeable when you vote. We can make a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment