Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Review: ALWAYS LOOKING UP: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist


Okay, I already love Michael J. Fox and I did not read his first book Lucky Man, so I really did not know what to expect. I was nicely surprised. I love the way he writes like he is talking right to you...he is very real...evident in his use of a few curse words.

I love how he used four subject areas to cover his last 9 years. Most important for me was when he talked about Family and Faith. He made me laugh, he made me cry and he made me examine what whether I am giving my family all that they deserve from me and if I am true to myself were my faith is concerned.

If a person who has a disease such as he has and can have the outlook on life and keep going the way he does then we all need to think twice and examine how we are living our lives.

This is a great book that I would recommend to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I might have to read it this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UHoh.....another trip to Barnes and Bankruptsy.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete