Monday, October 18, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something

This one is so easy for me, well, in a way...Oh, first...sorry I have been gone so much...anyways...This book more confirmed for me how I had been feeling and thinking, but was not allowing myself to actually believe and express....The book, Conversations with God, book 1.


This book was trully like God talking to me.  It said it was okay for me to believe the way I was beginning to believe, that I did not have to believe everything the Catholic Church said I was supposed to believe.  It freed me to leave the Catholic Church and go on my own faith journey.  I often recommend this book to friends and family who seem to be in a hiatus from their faith and not knowing what their next step will be.

I have enjoyed all of Neale Donald Walsch's publications about God.  They always come into my life just when I am needing them also.

So, it did not so much change my views, but it more confirmed, said it was okay to view something in such a way that I had been struggling with.



2 comments:

  1. I've been Catholic my whole life and have always believed that it is okay to not agree with everything that the church teaches. How have you been?

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I enjoyed the validation of what I know to be true in my relationship between me and My Maker.
    Makes me wanna bring it out again and have a wander through it again.

    Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete