Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days Of Truth - Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?


I am not a big believer in organized religion.  I do not believe that my spiritual life needs to have a bunch of rules and that any liturgy can tell me how to live my life spiritually or otherwise.  I have had a more spiritual life since I left organized religion and have been happier with my spiritual life since that time.  I did find a more organized religion that fits into my beliefs as they have no rules and support many spiritual paths and that works for me...having people with similar beliefs to talk to and share thoughts and prayers.






And I rather not talk about politics...I am a hard working Federal Employee and just to close to the politics...it just makes me hot under the collar and I really strive to be positive so it is best to not talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say a whole lot about either--well, that's not true...I CAN say a lot about either and I simply choose not to.

    I have what I have today because of an 'organization' of sorts--they didn't cram religion down my throat but let me come to my own understanding and relationship with my Maker. I applaude any man of the clergy that does the same.
    I figure if they're supportive of my interpersonal relationship with my Maker and not in soliciting my 'membership', then they get it--and I'm impressed.

    Oh wait....dangit.... LOL I said I wasn't talking it!

    *sitting on hands*

    ReplyDelete