Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Six – Books Made into Films

I think I am going to go back to mostly doing memes. It kept me blogging and would make me post things I might either not think about or not have shared if not prompted. When I stopped doing memes I stopped blogging as much and I really enjoy it as it does help me to open up in ways I don't always allow myself since I can be pretty guarded with what I share about my life with people.

So, here we go with my first Saturday meme in a very long time.


1. Name your favorite 6 books that have been made into a film that you enjoyed watching?

I think my most favorite would be Ever After, which is based on the Cinderella story. I think the Cinderella story is loved my most girls in hopes that we to may find our prince charming and live happily ever after. Drew Barrymore did a great job in this film. It was fund and romantic.

What Dreams May Come, what a great book and the movie was a good movie in its own right, but I don't believe it delivered with the same effect as the book. I did however really enjoy the movie.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Harry Potter movies. I have not ready any of the books so I cannot compare them.

Conversations with God is another book series I have really enjoyed. I was surprised when it was made into a movie and very interested to see what they would do with it. I did enjoy this a lot and would watch it again.

Angels and Demons was a great book and I thought they did a great job with the movie also. To me it was better even than The Da Vinci Code.

I never read this book either, but the Bridge to Terabithia is one of my favorite movies that I will watch again.

Now, next week they need to ask what books I would love to see made into movies...or what books were made into movies and done badly...LOL

2 comments:

  1. I would agree with all of your choices. I loved Ever After too. I have read all but the last Harry Potter books.

    come visit me at: http://diaryofawimpywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, shoot. *laughing* I can't think of a one. Notoriously, I've read the book and stay away from the movie...simply cuz the book rocks and I don't want to be disappointed. "Five People You Meet in Heaven" was a prime example of it--while the movie did a decent job, it was NOT the quality of the book.

    And I know what you mean about getting disciplined in the weblog. I just don't do it cuz I'd fail miserably at meme's (as you just witnessed!). LOL

    ReplyDelete