1. Have you ever belonged to a Christmas Club savings account? If so, did you actually use that check for Christmas shopping?
No, but I have thought about it. I am good at thinking about things and never putting them into action.
2. For a few years in a row, you receive a nice tax refund: do you make an adjustment with your payroll deduction so they’ll take less, or do you leave it that way so that you can continue to receive the big check every spring?
I would make an adjustment to my payroll taxes. I could be earning interest if I would put that extra amount in a mutual fund each pay period instead of letting the government have it temporarily.
3. How likely are you to put such a check towards paying off bills rather than spending it on something for yourself?
I would probably split it, some on bills some for a vacation or something special.
4. Roughly what percentage of the time do you make at least double the minimum payment due to a credit card company?
I don't have credit cards so this is not an issue.
5. Take the quiz: What’s Your Money Personality?
Your Money Personality is Healthy
|You have a good relationship with money.|
You don't spend wildly, but you're not opposed to treating yourself on occasion.
In general, you save some of what you earn.
You know the importance of a nest egg.
You aren't afraid of being financially literate - you embrace learning more about finances.
From a retirement plan to having an emergency fund, you know what you need to have to be safe.
6. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most stressful, how much stress are your finances causing you right now?
Not a lot, let's say a 5. I have one large debt I am paying down and will have paid off next year. The other stuff is minor and should be paid off at the same time. Then it will be time to put the money away to have our house built without a mortgage.