1. List the social networking sites you have either tried or still use.MySpace
MSN Spaces(before it was Windows Live)
2. Of the social networking sites you’ve actually tried, which one is your favorite?
It would have to be Facebook and MySpace. Though I do like Plaxo for some things also.
3. What’s the biggest drawback to such sites, in your opinion?
I guess the chance of sharing with the wrong person and having it somehow used against you. I have learned to be careful about what I share. I try hard never to give the information that is covered by the privacy act because that is the info that will allow someone to steal your identity.
4. Other than it being the “hip thing to do,” what’s the main reason you’d at least consider joining such a site?
Because it is fun to meet new people, learn about them, and share what is going on in my life. It has also been a great way to stay in touch with family all over the nation.
5. Take the quiz: Are You Facebook, MySpace or Twitter?
You Are Facebook
You are social, outgoing, and excited to connect to your friends.
You are interested in your friends' lives, and you enjoy adding your opinion to the mix.
While you enjoy sharing online, you don't want everyone to know your business.
You value your privacy. Your life is an open book to those you know but not to strangers.
6. Do you have more people you’d call friends in real life, or on your profile called friends by the system at your most-used social networking site?
I would say more friends online than in real life. And in real life they are just as scattered as the ones online. But I have the opportunity to meet and make more friends online than I do in real life.