Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life



This is very easy for me to answer...I wish I would have finished my higher level of education when I was younger.  Waiting until my 40s to get a law degree was not very bright, but I hope to change that from this point forward by pursuing my degree and getting top grades while working full time.  The plan is to have as much done in nine years before I retire and then complete the rest that needs me to be available during the day after I retire from the government.

Adopting my daughter brought me back to this path.  I had not thought about pursuing a law degree since high school at that time Sister Anastasia talked me out of it and into an accounting degree...I so was not into it that I did not stick with it.  Funny thing is that I ended up in the finance world any way.  Well, going through this adoption process has made me want to become an Attorney Ad Litem.  After working for the government and what that is becoming to mean in this country I would like to do something more fulfilling such as standing up for a child's best interest.

So, I am on that path and will start courses this year.  I wanted to last year, but it was a hectic year with getting licensed and ready to get our daughter.  I am excited about pursuing this new path, but so wish I would have taken the time to do it sooner in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment