Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.



I am skipping Day 24 right now because it is about making a Playlist for someone and I want to take my time with that...so, maybe this weekend.

All I can think of here is that I am not done...We decided to finally adopt because we felt like our lives had no meaning, no purpose.  Now that I have a child I feel I have a purpose so I guess I am still alive to provide love and nurturing to children that did not have someone to love them or help them to be the best they can be.

I really don't know why else I am still here...I don't feel I have done anything else really significant with my life up to now.  I am sure my mom or dad might argue that, but they are biased, their my parents.

The only other thing I can think of is that I am here to lend an ear or a shoulder to those having a tough time.  I have always tried to be there for the ones in my life that need a little love to make it through the next hurdle in their life.  I don't know that I have always done a great job at it, but I keep trying.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....I'm not your parent so I'm not biased--at least not in that sense. I paused and asked--and I'm feeling compelled to answer cuz it reminds me of the starfish story.

    "Matters to this one".
    See, I think we underestimate the power of being present in the life of another person--if only for 10 minutes, if only for that smile in the checkoutline, if only for that 'well done!' recognition given during the course of a workday.
    I think we all underestimate just how much those little things we do---matter.

    k....now I can be done! :-) (well.....for this moment! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened across your blog while searching weightloss blogs. I'm so happy I took the time to look at your blog. I've read some of your days of truth posts and will come back to read them all. You seem like a person of some depth and substance. A new mom.. congratulations. It seems like you'll be a wonderful one.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete