Tuesday, December 2, 2008

...in other words...


Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be.

-- William Hazlitt

I really like this one...I am an emo person...my bffl, also known as sister friend, can attest to that. I cry at the drop of a hat and laugh until I pee myself, although she is the winner in that area.

I have to say though that I don't know that we are the only ones that know the difference between what things are and what they ought to be. I really think my doggie does sometimes...otherwise why are they sad when a litter mate in the house dies? I think Mr. Hazlitt may have been a little off here. We may have a deeper sense of what things are and what they ought to be, but I don't believe we are the only animals with this ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment