Monday, February 16, 2009

Dentist Visit

So, I was supposed to get a root canal done today on a tooth I broke in January 2008 that I have neglected to have taken care of...well, it appears that it has recently gotten an infection and the deadening stuff they kept shooting me with was just not going to work...something about the infection changing the PH and reacting differently with the deadening stuff.

So, here I am all numb, but can feel it when they try to mess with that tooth...so, since I have an appointment for tomorrow for the scaling and extraction they decided they would go ahead and take out the wisdom tooth on that side. I have never had teeth pulled before...I felt nothing other than pressure...did not even know when she had it out...

But...within an hour the jaw started to hurt and I could barely open my mouth...They said I needed to eat before I took the hydrocodone. Okay...what can I eat? They suggest mashed potatoes...well, that would have been good if I could have gotten my mouth open. I ate about 1/2 cup. The hydrocodone worked wonders. The pain is not as bad now that all that numbing stuff has worn off and jaw hurts less. Though it has been three hours since I took that pill and it is staring to wear off also. I can't tak another for 45 mins and I really want to go to bed...

Now, I just hope I can get my mouth open for the work tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better,, remember first thing in the morning,,, Rinse, salt water,, that will feel like a god send... and take the medication.. Love you...

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are not able to eat for awhile, maybe get some of those meal replacement shakes. Or milkshakes. BTDT with the root canals and wisdom teeth. My whole face was brusied when I had those out. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am so sorry about this, I know how much it all sucks, been there..done that. It should all be better soon. Eat lots of pudding and jello and get some rest!
    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your mouth feels better soon.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, ouch, owieee!!!!

    Oh, you poor thing.
    Smashed taters and puddings.
    Jellos and ice cream.
    And no straws.

    But I'm sure you already know these things.
    And so what if you don't make work tomorrow?

    Just sayin'......
    *sending healing thoughts*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this is my first visit to you! Read this post about the dental work. MY CONDOLENCES! I have had more dental work than you can shake a stick at. This weekend, I came down with the flu and then a cap fell off my tooth. Haven't been able to get to the dentist because I've been too sick with the flu!haha So, heading to the dentist in a couple of hours. Nothing compared to what you are in the midst of, but, believe me, been there-done that. I will say a little prayer for you and you take care. Hope it goes as well as it can! D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!! Hope all is well today!

    FYI, I took my blog private, if you want an invite send an email to rumblingsandbumblings at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete