Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - Same Old Goals


First I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. I hope all of your dreams and wishes come true.

I started SparkPeople.com in September with so much energy and a vigor to finally lose this weight that threatens me. Then in October I started not having energy so I stopped exercising, I thought it must be my period coming on and figured I would pick it right back up, but here I am three months later and I have not.

So, on Friday we will go join the YMCA. They have a "Water Walk" every morning that I want to go do and my hubby will work out on the machines. In the evenings I will come home and do exercises at home three nights a week.

We are making a plan to eat healthy and I am going to do a lot of menu planning today. I need to do something that will work for both of us and keep us on track.

I will be 40 in 260 days in which I would like to lose 130 lbs. For someone at my weight I think that is a doable goal in 8.5 months. I won't be at my target weight, but well on my way.


2008 Fat Pic and 1987 175 lbs

3 comments:

  1. What is a water walk? I've never heard of that. I joined Spark people awhile back but never got very motivated by it. I joined the YMCA as well but could not get anyone to show me how to properly use the machines. The only time I did well at exercising was when I had a personal trainer. I need to come up with some type of a plan that works for me that's affordable. Good luck....your plan sounds doable and even more so if you have your husband doing it with you.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your goals this year! You can do it! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, my dear--I have no clue how to diet 'sensibly'...or responsibly.
    That's a skill I've never acquired.

    But I do hope for good health and strength and perseverence for you.
    And for your hubby.

    Ummmmm.......whazza water walk?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete