Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Want...Wednesdays



I have not done one of these in awhile and even though I currently don't have children and unless we finally adopt we will never have children I still wanted to do this one.

What do you want to teach your (Current, future, or fictional) children.

Never having been a parent there are so many things I have dreamed of that I would have liked to have taught my children. My mom always taught us we could be/do anything that we set our minds to and I would have reiterate that to my children. It upsets me when I see families that hold back their children from improving on previous generations, "because that is how it has always been for this family". I would teach my children never to settle. When I find myself settling then I know it is time to make a change because there is not growth in settling. And I know I deserve what I want and should not have to settle for something. I would teach them that they have total control to create their own reality, that there is no one else that will or should do it for them. And lastly I would teach them to always believe what they know with their heart, whether it be about people or God, to not take what other people say or what is written in books as gospel. I did that for a long time and since I have been following my heart instead of taking what people tell me or what books tell me as law/gospel I have been a much happier and content person. I said lastly, but I am sure if I dwelled on this subject long enough I would come up with more, but these things seem the most important to me at this moment.

4 comments:

  1. You're talking to the woman who tossed bookshelves of 'self help' books.

    Yeah, yeah......shoulda recycled. LOL

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks you'd be a wonderful mom ... and perhaps trading your 'government job' for teaching children might allow you to use your creativity and beliefs to share with others what you know. You sound like a gem to this happily retired teacher. I'm delighted to have encountered you in this 'virtual' world ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt that you'd be a great Mom. I truly hope you get the chance to adopt if that is what you want. I hope you're having a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your "I Want" thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete