Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

Well, I am so glad to be home. Not that being in Dallas was bad, I just hate to be away from home without hubby. We love to travel together and that is as it should be in my mind.

At the Dallas VA Medical Center you have to do a lot of walking to get any where so my feet were pretty sore by the end of the week. Then yesterday I just picked the wrong shoes for our outing of shopping and all. So, my feet were pretty tired by noon and I was wore out from it. But we had a good day together.

I left the person that will be in charge of payroll at the VAMC in Dallas with a little more knowledge than she had when I got there, but we went over so much I am just not sure what she will remember and what she will not. Of course I am always available by phone, I just hope some of what we spent time going over will be helpful. That office is a mess and it was very sad to see what has happened there in the year since I left.

My husband and I have talked about it and we are 99% sure that if an offer is made, as it is supposed to be than we will accept it. When I left they had the position at the resource committee for approval. I believe the position already exists in some format so we shall see. The VA nationwide is having budget issues this year so only certain jobs are being hired for across the country. Being with the VA for 18 years I know how it all works and know if it does not happen now it can in the new FY, so we'll just wait and see.

When I got home hubby had cleaned the bed linens, vacuumed and dusted and straightened the kitchen. He is such a good man. He had even come all the way home from work to make sure the linens were done and change before picking me up and coming home was a little out of the way. You just have to love him, you know?

So, that is my week. This week I go to D.C. for a couple of days and get to see an old friend the last evening I am there. So, yeah, dear hubby will be by himself again this week, but it is only two nights compared to four. I don't usually do all of this traveling for work, but stuff just hit like that this time.

I hope you all have a good week ahead...and take some time for yourself...it is so important.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    Yaknow, I've declined several trainings out of state--I've had my fill of apart time doing the relationship long distance for five years. Dunno that either of us would like it very much.....however-linens done, house cleaned and vacuumed.....
    I might just sign up for that! LOL

    What a sweetheart.....and what a welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things go your way as far as the job situation goes. It sounds like to me that you could be of great value to them in making things run smoothly once again.

    That was real sweet of your hubby to do those things while you were away.

    ReplyDelete