Thursday, October 23, 2008

HNT - Booking through Thursday


Okay, my HNT pic has nothing to do with Booking through Thursday...but I am trying to stick with this HNT thing...LOL

So, onto Booking through Thursday.


“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

Okay, I have to say Karen Kingsley and Gary Smalley who did the Redemption Series together. Now, most people who know me know that I am not very "religious", but I am "spiritual". This book series is more religious in my opinion, but it is a great series. It does talk about the bible a lot and some things that I don't totally agree with, but the principle to me is that as a family unit with a greater power that you pray to as a family and by doing what is good in the world then only good will come. That when we turn away from that family unit and leave prayer out of our lives that we tend to trend toward actions that can range from being irresponsible to being illegal, hurting ones that we love in the process. I believe in prayer and affirmations and this book series helps you realize why prayer is important in your life. I would recommend this book to any and all. Even if you are not very religious...

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love it!! You are such a trooper!...

    btw- your the one that got me reading all these different books,, yanno!

    Have a Great what's left of the day!

    Loveya,
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley are two authors.

    I chose two characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, check your email. I responded but need another back before 5:30pm my time.

    Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  4. HNT?

    (dunno what that stands for)

    And omgosh....if you only KNEW the stack of books on the nightstand....

    (might haffta do some research on the authors though....LOL)

    ReplyDelete