Sunday, October 19, 2008

Situation Sunday

The war is continuing in Iraq. The government has issued a draft for all boys and girls 15 years and up to 40. All are mandated to report, with penalties for not showing up....prison and death. What do you do?


Okay, first of all I really do not believe this government would ever put anyone under 18 into combat. That is, as long as we can keep McCain out of the White House. But in this scenario I would be draftable being 39. What would I do? I would go, whatever they need from me I would do. I would serve because I believe that if my country calls me to do so then I have to serve that country that has given me freedoms that so many other people in other countries do not have afforded to them. We are far from a perfect country, but I would serve where needed if asked to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! Great answer! I also love the photo you used to connect to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it never occurred to me that it could count for women as well as men...IN-teresting point of view.

    ReplyDelete