Tuesday, October 28, 2008

...in other words...


Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
-- Elbert Hubbard


I agree...for one...you should never have to explain anything to your friends...if you are truthful, what is to explain? And my friends know me inside and out so they would know why I make a certain decision and will love me for what I choose to do and I will continue to love them and understand what they choose to do. We may not always agree, but we trust each other and that is what matters.

And enemies...well, I wouldn't waste my breath trying to explain anything to an enemy any way. Thankfully I do not believe I have those in my life. I usually get along with everyone I meet. But I believe if I did have an enemy there would be no reason to explain anything, what would I be trying to accomplish? We don't try to explain things to Iran, we negotiate, that is something totally different.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Goodness knows.. we've danced a couple of times to this tune... ;-)

    LY,
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. There shoulda been a separate line for coworkers--I'm forever explaining to coworkers. ;-)

    I share same thinking for friends-they tend to know before I do/say. Enemies......I don't know that I have enemies, leastwise not in the sense that I 'define' enemies, today. But I'm not one for explanations--until it comes to work. LOL And darn if I'm not chronically explaining in that environment!

    ReplyDelete