Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday 5 for November 7: Middles


1. What usually marks the middle of your day?

Hmm, the middle of my day, it you look at it from wake up to sleep would be somewhere between lunch and dinner. At this time of day I am just trying to make it to the time my husband picks me up from work. I kind of lose my mojo at this time. I should probably get up and take a walk, but I am tired..so I don't...but if I did...maybe I would not be so tired?


2. From whom (or to whom) was your most recent middle-of-the-night phone call?

My most middle recent middle of the night phone call was from a dear friend in NC. She called after 12am. I believe I did answer it, I do not believe I said much other than hello, she went on a quick spiel apologizing for not calling back earlier in the evening, said she loved me and that was it. At least that is how I remember it...It was the middle of the night and I was asleep so I cannot be held totally accountable for that memory.


3. On what social, political, economic, or moral issue are you in the middle of the road?

Wow, there are a few, but let's go with abortion. I guess you would call this the middle of the road. I believe a woman has a right to choose, but it is not a choice I would ever make or that I can easily accept. I have a dear, dear friend who made this choice and though her reasons are somewhat logical I still could not have made the choice had I been in her shoes. And I still love her, even though she made this choice. So, is that middle of the road? I think it is as I believe we all have a basic right to decide what we do with our own bodies.


4. How likely are you to give someone your middle finger?

Not to likely. I would after to be pretty pissed off to do this and usually I would rather say the "f" word before I would make a gesture. I know it is not lady like or Christian like, but it happens. I am human...and all I can do is try to not be this way, I can't promise that I won't slip once in awhile.


5. When were you last caught in the middle of a disagreement that really had nothing to do with you?

Wow, that is a hard one. I don't live near family anymore and have not in 8 years so it has been pretty easy to stay out of such things. I do get calls from my dad, other family members, or family friends that tell me things and I feel they are trying to pull me in, but being 485 miles away or more it is easy to stay neutral and not get involved. I guess the one thing that I feel in the middle of right now is a issue between my father and one of his brother's, my Uncle Bill. My Uncle Bill somehow blames my father for my Grandpa's death or at least how it all went down. I have talked to both of them about this and even tried to sooth things over, but have decided I cannot accomplish it and will just love each of them and hope that one day they will talk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment