Sunday, September 12, 2010

30 Days Of Truth - Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit


Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.


Wow, at first thought I am like...I can't answer this, no one has done that to me...but then sadly, I think of my deceased mother-in-law and I realize, that yeah...I have been done that way.


My mother-in-law could never accept my marriage to my hubby until the very end, at least I think she finally had.  It is hard to tell because during those 15 years that we were married before she died there were times that it would seem she was started to accept me, but then she would do something mean towards me again, whether it be telling lies or making stupid ass remarks aimed to hurt me.


Part of my problem was that I wanted so bad to have a MIL that I could get along with and do things with and I would try to include her in our life and share stuff about our life with her and she would then make false accusations or complain about something to Kerry that I might have told her...so it was a no win situation for me...sadly it got to where I hated to hear her voice before she passed, then when she passed I missed her because in the end I found that even though she made my life hell at times I truly did care about her...



3 comments:

  1. MIL are not all bad, or so I am told,haha. I really wish I could get along with mine but she has not treated me with any respect since I met her, she makes it miserable and hard not me so i;ve pretty much accepted it will never be and I think I am okay with that now.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am dealing with that with Doug's sister right now. It seems that sometimes she is happy for us then it falls apart and it is usually because she needed one of us for something and when we do what she wanted she is done with us and it is business as usual. So, when I tell you I have been there. I am still there. It is hard with a relationship like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's a darned if you do, darned if you don't....and you get to deal.
    I know from the earlier 'truth' that there's healing on your part--and a shift to a different understanding, an acceptance.... Musta been a tough haul--seems you weathered best you could.
    It's also tough being 'the mom'--we never seem to let go of that role. :-/
    Yeah, well....LOL...I don't!

    ReplyDelete