Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lost a Loved One

I apologize for not being around the last week.  I lost my Uncle Bill last Sunday evening and just have not been in a mood to write much.

My uncle was only 44 and had been in a very bad vehicle accident a week prior to his death.  It has been very hard and very unbelievable for me.  I was unable to make the trip to Philly to be with the rest of the family over the past week so that has made it a little harder I think.

This is an uncle that I have written to often over the years and sadly I have not answered his last letter as I have gotten lazy and it takes me months sometimes to write back.  I hate that I let that happen.

The other thing that is really bothering me is that Uncle Bill and Dad had not talked in four years because my Uncle Bill had some issues with my dad that had to do with when my Grandpa died four years ago.  My father had nothing to do with that, but Uncle Bill harbored a grudge with my dad about it.  I hate it for my pop that Uncle Bill passed before they could make it right.

I will miss him a lot even though we were not in constant contact.  He was a very loving person and cared for his family deeply.  He had a hard life and should not have left it so soon as he was just beginning to enjoy it.


Uncle Bill and his wife Denise

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs to you and your family as well as prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you and your family "My family" are in my thoughts and prayers...

    *Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what sad circumstances--for you, for your dad....for the whole family.

    Take care of you.
    Know that people are praying for you and yours.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh no! I am so sorry for your loss. I was wondering where you were, being so quiet in blogland. Hugs to you! I know what it is like not being able to get to family when someone has passed. That happened to me several years ago with my grandmother whom I was very close to. We found out she was sick and a few days later, before I could get to her, she passed and I also was not able to get to her funeral. Sorry for rambling. I hope you heart heals soon from your loss.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. *thinking of you*

    (((((( hugs )))))))

    ReplyDelete