Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Six - Video Games



Name 6 of your favourite video games?


This is actually a little difficult because I don't play as many video games as I used to, but I will give it a try.


I guess my favorite at this time is Culdcept Saga.  This game brings Magic the Gathering and Monopoly together in one game.  These are two of my favorite games so it really works for me.  I hardly ever beat a game, but I have beat this one three times and will be working on a fourth this winter maybe.  My goal is to collect all of the creature cards and then to work towards getting all of the XBOX 360 achievements for the game.






I think my second would be Hasbro's Family Game Night.  I love board games and this brings those to the screen in a fun way for the whole family.






My third would be Tiger Wood's Golf for WII.  We play this game with my Sister and Brother in laws when we go visit them.  It was weird not playing it when we got together at the beach this year because we always have our little tournaments when we visit them.  It is a lot of fun for all of us.


Now this is where is begins to get difficult for me.  Let's see.  Oh, I know Etherlords II.  I think I found this on Ebay a few years back and it sounded like my type of game so I got it and it ended up being a great find.  I really like games that are RPGs, turn based, and contain a fantasy element and this game as all three.


I was seeing the game Spore either online or on TV a few years back and it looked interesting so I think I asked for it for Christmas or something.  It is a pretty neat game because you get to create different creatures and they can end up being pretty interesting looking.








I have never tried World of Warcraft online, but I did like Warcraft: Orcs & Humans in it's day.  I like these real time strategy games that require you to build up your forces and conquer an enemy.






Another one that was similar that I liked was Heroes of Might and Magic.  I used to play this for hours.  The game play is much like Warcraft with the building of armies and kingdom's and the conquering of enemies.






Well, I made it through my six.  I had to dig back a little for some of them, which you will see if you check out the links I provided.  Some are quite old and I have not played them in a long time, but they were favorites in their day.



3 comments:

  1. Welllllll....slight problem!

    Solitaire, maybe? LOLOL

    I'm lucky I know how to type. Don't push it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love World Of Warcraft, EverQuest ll, Aion, The Sims 3, Wheel of Fortune, Crazy Cakes.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete