Wednesday, September 8, 2010



Wednesday Wickedness takes a famous person and their quotes and asks questions based on those quotes.  This week they picked Prince William.




1. “I've had lots of kids come up and ask for my autograph, I've had a grandmother stop me and ask me if I know a good place to buy underwear.”Where do you buy your underwear?


I like the cotton stretchy high cut thigh briefs at Catherine's.  I usually get them when they have a 3 for 2 sale.


2. “I'm always open for people saying I'm wrong because most of the time I am.” How often are you wrong?


I am wrong occasionally.  But I try really hard to not speak or make a decision on something unless I am pretty sure that I will be right in answer or decision.


3. “Harry can paint but I can't. He has our father's talent while I, on the other hand, am about the biggest idiot on a piece of canvas. I did do a couple of drawings at Eton which were put on display. Teachers thought they were examples of modern art, but in fact, I was just trying to paint a house!” What was the last thing that you drew?


I think the last thing I drew was an Angel wing I was sketching to make into a larger painting.  I have did do the painting and don't think I will now.  This weekend we are going to going to a painting class/party.  They provide the tools, canvas, easel, apron, paints, brushes, and we paint the theme, which is Sunflower on Red.  It is a BYOB so I am anticipating fun!!


4. “I do think I am a country boy at heart. I love the buzz of towns and going out with friends and sitting with them drinking and whatever -- it's fun -- but, at the same time, I like space and freedom.” How would you describe yourself?


I am definitely a country girl that likes to have a city nearby for some culture.


5. “I remember her as being a huge inspiration to me, someone to really look up to and admire.” He’s talking about his mom. Who do you admire?


I too admire my mom.  I have said it more than once in my life.  She is a strong woman when she needs to be.  She lived through having a husband go to Vietnam and not knowing if she would ever see him again.  She was practically a single mom at times having to deal with my brother and I while my father was off defending our country.


6. “I think it's very important that you make your own decision about what you are. Therefore you're responsible for your actions, so you don't blame other people.” How do you think you are about taking responsibility for your actions?


I am always responsible for my actions or non-actions.  I have never had a problem with assuming that responsibility.for something I may have done wrong or failed to do and I never will have a problem with that as it would be denying who I am at the core.


7. “My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring.” What are your guiding principles?


Hmm, interesting.  Not something I think about often.  I just live...  But if I had to name something I would say my guiding principles would be to be caring, to live knowing God is in me and that I am inherently good because of that, to be honest with those I come in contact with in this life, and to love with all my heart.


8. “Only the mad girls chase me, I think.” When you were, or if you are, single: What type of people chased you?


I do not believe anyone ever chased me...even when I was slim and a looker.  But it was their loss!!


9.   “I don't deliberately select my friends because of their background. If I enjoy someone's company, then that's all that counts. I have many different friends who aren't from the same background as me and we get on really well -- it's brilliant.” How do you select your friends?


I think the people who have become my friends are people who may have a similar interest, or who are just genuinely good people.  I am good friends with a lot of people that there are things I don't like about them, but I always come back to their heart, and their compassion.  If they are genuinely good people it is a no brainer that I would like them as a friend.


10. “People say it's not ambitious, but it is actually quite ambitious wanting to help people.” When was the last time that you volunteered to help people?


I have not taken the time to go volunteer somewhere though I have often thought about helping out at a soup kitchen or the harvest food bank.  I do help people in my life that are in need of help and I often donate to important causes.  I want my child to learn how fortunate they are and to learn to give back so I will be doing that volunteering that I have been thinking about over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment